MSVCR120.DLL Missing Error (Free DLL Download & Fix)
I got a Windows error saying "The program can't start because msvcr120.dll is missing from your computer..."
today I came upon an error saying "The program can't start because msvcr120.dll is missing from your computer"...
It's really annoying as it's not the first time.
Is there a way to fix this?
DLL files or Dynamic Link Libraries files contains a library of commands that executes commands that let programs run and operate properly. In some cases, if a certain DLL file is missing corrupt and a program that needs it is opened, it will display an error message.
System Error – MSVCR120.dll is Missing (What’s it about?)
Although getting a missing “msvcr120.dll” system error message may be vague as it does not provide additional information, one should not worry as it is not a severe problem.
Errors that are related such as the missing “msvcr120.dll” error happens due to several reasons. Some of those reasons would include the DLL file has been moved to a different location, it has been deleted, a corrupt application or program or there’s a virus that has damaged the Windows Registry.
Below are some of the most common error messages:
- msvcr120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
- The program can’t start because msvcr120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- The code execution cannot proceed because msvcr120.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting msvcr120.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading msvcr120.dll. The specified module could not be found.
Fixing the System Error: “The Program Can’t Start Because MSVCR120.dll is Missing From Your Computer“
If a DLL file is not present in the system or if its in a different location, some programs or applications may display an error message telling the user that the program can’t start due to a missing DLL file. If this happens, there are several methods that you can follow to fix the issue.
We have listed the best methods to follow in fixing the System Error: The Program Can’t Start Because MSVCR120.dll is Missing From Your Computer
Method #1 – Automatically Fix DLL Errors with Restoro
Although there are several ways that you can fix any DLL errors, fixing DLL errors automatically is the best and fastest way to do it. Using a dedicated tool such as Restoro to fix Windows System Errors such as missing DLL errors is the most convenient way to make sure your computer is running optimally.
Restoro is a program that specializes in repairing Windows related error that not only fixes damages in the operating system but also reverses the damages that has been made to other files and applications in the system.
Aside from fixing system errors and missing or corrupted DLL files, Restoro can also protect your computer from online threats such as viruses and malware.
Method #2 – Manually Download MSVCR120.dll File
Manually downloading the MSVCR120.dll file is simple, you click the link below and it’ll download automatically:
Once the file has been downloaded, move it to the “C:/Windows/System32” folder for 64-bit operating systems and to “C:/Windows/SysWOW64” 32-bit systems.
Method #3 – Running the SFC or System File Checker to Fix DLL Errors
The SFC or System File Checker is a Windows tool that is used to scan and fix any missing or corrupt system files.
- Hold down the “Windows” key and press “R” and type in “cmd”. Hold down the “ctrl+shift” keys and then press “enter” and press “yes” in the User Account Control window
- Type in “sfc /scannow” in the Command Prompt and press “enter”. Let the tool complete the scan and follow the prompts to complete the repair process
- Make sure to restart your computer once the scan and repair has been completed and open the application that was having the problem to confirm if it has been fixed
Method #4 – Update System Drivers to Fix the DLL Errors
DLL errors mostly comes up when a program is being opened, in this case we highly recommend downloading and installing a fresh copy of the program so that fresh drivers will also be loaded into the system.
In the other hand, if DLL errors shows after installing a new hardware or after updating a driver, then you can manually update it by going to the Device Manager.
- Hold down the “Windows” key and press “R” and type “devmgmt.msc” in the run line command
- Look for the driver that needs to be updated and click on the “Update Device Driver” button located on the upper part of the Window. In the next Window, it will ask you how you want to search for drivers, select “Search Automatically for Drivers” and let it complete. A restart on the machine may be necessary.
Method #5 – Fix Missing DLL Error by Updating Your Operating System
By updating your Operating System, you are downloading and install fresh new updates that have been made to optimize your computer’s performance, fix bugs and errors and to secure your computer from new online threats.
- Press down the “Windows” key and press the letter “I” to bring up the Windows Settings window and select on “Update & Security”
- Click on the “Check for Updates” and let the download complete and install the updates without any interruptions
Method #6 – Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
Downloading and installing a fresh copy of the Microsoft Visual C++ may fix any issues concerning the MSVCR120.dll as it is part of the program. Follow these steps on how to remove and reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++
- Hold down the “Windows” key and press “R” and type “appwiz.cpl” in the run line command
- Look for “Microsoft Visual C ++” in the Uninstall or Change a Program Window and click on “Uninstall” to remove it from the computer
- Once the program has been uninstalled, restart the computer and download a fresh copy of Visual C++ from Microsoft official website by clicking here and install as usual.
Method #7 – Reinstalling the Application That Shows DLL Errors
Uninstalling the reinstalling the application that is showing DLL errors usually fixes the issue. Here are the steps on how you can remove a Windows application:
- Hold down the “Windows” button on your keyboard and press the letter “R” and type in “appwiz.cpl” in the run command line
- Look for the application that is having the issue in the Uninstall or Change a Program Window and click on “Uninstall” to remove it from the computer
- Once the program has been removed, download the installer from its official website or a legitimate source and install it as usual
Keeping your computer updated with the latest drivers and Windows file is necessary to keep it running at its optimal condition and to avoid DLL errors such as the MSVCR120.dll is missing error. There may be instances that you will just have no time to update or do maintenance on your machine that is why we highly suggest using a tool that will automatically update and perform the maintenance of your computer for you.
Restoro is an all-in-one automatic optimization and anti-virus application that will make sure your computer is running in its top condition as it will not only protect your computer from threats but it will also automatically update, fix and restore, and corrupt or missing system files such as DLL files.
RESTORO — is a patented PC & MAC repair tool & the only program of its kind. Not only it’s a registry fix, PC optimizer, or an anti-virus/malware remover – The RESTORO technology reverses the damage done to Windows or Mac, eliminating the need for time-consuming reinstallations & costly technician bills.
It is available for FREE. Although, for some more advanced features & 100% effective fixes you may need to purchase a full license.
If your ‘MSVCR120.dll is missing error’ is still not fixed — don’t hesitate and contact us via email, or a Facebook messenger (the blue ‘bubble’ on the bottom-right of your screen).