Rasdlg.dll – Missing DLL Error Fix Guide & FREE DLL Download
My rasdlg.dll file is missing. How can i fix it?
recently I've encountered an error saying "rasdlg.dll file is missing from your system".
Where and how can I download it or fix it?
The rasdlg.dll is a DLL file extension created by the Microsoft Corporation which contains several instructions and information for “.exe” files or executable files to follow. It was first released in Windows XP way back October 25, 2011 and is currently included with the installation of Windows 8 and Windows 10 Operating Systems.
Rasdlg.dll is also known to be the Remote Access Common Dialog API and is considered to be a critical component that makes the Windows Operating operate perfectly.
Common Error Occurrences Related to a Missing or Corrupted Rasdlg.dll
There could be a lot of factors that can cause error messages that are related to a missing rasdlg.dll. Most commonly, they are caused by malicious files or applications that are in the computer. Viruses or malware can make changes such as modifying and deleting files in the infected computer without the user’s knowledge or permission.
Some of the less common reasons as to why error messages related to a corrupt or missing rasdlg.dll come up are the following:
- Incorrect Windows registry entries
- Problematic applications installed
- The rasdlg.dll file has been deleted or placed in the wrong folder
No matter the cause, they may lead to several error messages. Here are the most common errors that are related to a System Error: Missing Rasdlg.dll:
- “rasdlg.dll is missing”
- “rasdlg.dll error loading”
- “rasdlg.dll crash”
- “The procedure entry point rasdlg.dll error”
- “Cannot find rasdlg.dll”
- “Cannot register rasdlg.dll”
- “rasdlg.dll was not found”
- “rasdlg.dll could not be located”
- “rasdlg.dll Access Violation”
Easy to Follow Steps for Fixing Missing Rasdlg.dll Errors
We have made a list of the easiest methods that anyone can follow to fix any error messages that are related to missing Rasdlg.dll errors. You may select the method that you are comfortable doing.
Fix Rasdlg.dll by Using Automatic System Repair Tools
Third party system repair tools are very good applications to use when it comes to fixing DLL related errors. These tools are specifically made to fix error messages automatically without having to go through the hassle of troubleshooting errors manually and if you want to use the best there is then you can never go wrong with Restoro.
Restoro is one of the best and reliable automatic system repair tools that is available today. It offers a holistic approach to making sure all of your system and DLL files are updated.
- To start downloading Restoro, simply by clicking here and install the application per usual
- Once Restoro has been installed in your computer, perform a full system scan and let it complete
- After the full system scan, the repair process will then commence. However, before it starts it will create a restore point so that it can revert back to its previous settings in case there is a need to do so.
- Once the restore process is complete, we suggest for you to restart your computer and check if the error has been fixed.
Download the Rasdlg.dll File
You may also manually download the Rasdlg.dll File by clicking here. After downloading the file, make sure to put it in the correct folder.
- For 64-bit OS, put the DLL file to “C:/Windows/System32” folder
- For 32-bit OS, put it in the “C:/Windows/SysWOW64” folder
Fix Rasdlg.dll Errors Manually
OPTION 1. Running the Windows System File Checker to Fix DLL Errors
The Windows System File Checker can be used to scan and repair faulty or missing system or DLL Files.
- Hold down the “Windows” key and press “R” and type in “cmd”. Hold down the “ctrl+shift” keys and then press “enter” and press “yes” in the User Account Control window
- Type in “sfc /scannow” in the Command Prompt and press “enter”. Let the tool complete the scan and follow the prompts to complete the repair process
- Make sure to restart your computer once the scan and repair has been completed and open the application that was having the problem to confirm if it has been fixed
OPTION 2. Update System Drivers
If a DLL error pops-up whenever you try to open a newly installed/updated hardware or program, then it is best to update or reinstall its drivers. To manually update system drivers, follow the guide below:
- Hold down the “Windows” key and press “R” and type “devmgmt.msc” in the run line command
- Look for the driver that needs to be updated and click on the “Update Device Driver” button located on the upper part of the Window. In the next Window, it will ask you how you want to search for drivers, select “Search Automatically for Drivers” and let it complete. A restart on the machine may be necessary.
OPTION 3. Update Your Computer’s Operating System
Installing fresh updates on an operating system will likely fix any DLL errors (including rasdlg.dll) as Windows will automatically download and install required files that will optimize your computer. Aside from updated files, it will also fix bugs, optimize your computer’s performance and download security updates.
- Press down the “Windows” key and press the letter “I” to bring up the Windows Settings window and select on “Update & Security”
- Click on the “Check for Updates” and let the download complete and install the updates without any interruptions
OPTION 4. Reinstall a New Copy of Visual C++ Redistributable
Since rasdlg.dll is part of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and errors occur pertaining to the file, then downloading and installing a new copy of Microsoft Visual C++ may fix the errors.
- Hold down the “Windows” key and press “R” and type “appwiz.cpl” in the run line command
- Look for “Microsoft Visual C ++” in the Uninstall or Change a Program Window and click on “Uninstall” to remove it from the computer
- Once the program has been uninstalled, restart the computer and download a fresh copy of Visual C++ from their official website at by clicking here and install as usual
OPTION 5. Reinstall an Updated Version of the Application That is Displaying Errors
If the DLL error pertaining to rasdlg.dll only shows up whenever you open up a specific application, then uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh copy of the program will most likely fix the issue.
- Hold down the “Windows” button on your keyboard and press the letter “R” and type in “appwiz.cpl” in the run command line
- Look for the application that is having the issue in the Uninstall or Change a Program Window and click on “Uninstall” to remove it from the computer
- Once the program has been removed, download the installer from its official website or a legitimate source and install it as usual
To sum everything up, going for an automatic system repair tool is miles better than doing rasdlg.dll fixes manually. You get to spend less time looking at your screen to troubleshoot error messages and you get to stay away from the stress that comes with trying to figure out what the DLL error is all about.
An automatic system repair tool such as Restoro will not only guarantee your computer’s smooth performance, but it will also protect your computer from potential online threats such as viruses and malware.
RESTORO — is a patented PC & MAC repair tool & the only program of its kind. Not only it’s a registry fix, PC optimizer, or an anti-virus/malware remover – The RESTORO technology reverses the damage done to Windows or Mac, eliminating the need for time-consuming reinstallations & costly technician bills.
It is available for FREE. Although, for some more advanced features & 100% effective fixes you may need to purchase a full license.
If your missing rasdlg.dll error is still not solved — don’t hesitate and contact us via email, or a Facebook messenger (the blue ‘bubble’ on the bottom-right of your screen).