Secur32.dll Missing Error (Free Download & Fix)
When trying to run one program I get an error saying 'secur32.dll is missing'... How can I fix this issue?
when I try to run some stuff on my pc -- I constantly get an error saying "SECUR32.DLL is Missing". And I can't do anything...
Is there a solution for this?
A DLL file or Dynamic Link Library file is a library or file that contains data and codes that can be utilized by several programs at the same time. There are hundreds of DLL files that are required to make a Windows Operating System operate properly. One of those important files is secur32.dll.
What is Secur32.dll?
The Secur32.dll is a DLL file that is developed by the Microsoft Corporation and is one of the important files that are needed to operate Windows Operating System. Secur32.dll is also known as the Microsoft Win32 Security Services and contains a full set of driver functions and procedures that is applied by the Operating System itself.
What Does ‘Secure32.dll Missing’ System Error Mean?
There are several reasons that can cause the missing Secur32.dll error however, in most cases it is caused by faulty applications and programs, a malicious software that is installed in the system that creates conflict with the DLL file, corrupt Windows registry and a virus infection. The missing Secur32.dll error may also indicate that the DLL file itself has been removed or deleted, corrupted or not installed correctly.
Common Secur32.dll errors & how they look like:
Several errors may come up if there’s a problem with the Secur32.dll file however, the most common ones are as listed below:
- “Cannot find secur32.dll”
- “Cannot register secur32.dll”
- “secur32.dll could not be located”
- “secur32.dll Access Violation”
- “secur32.dll is missing”
- “secur32.dll error loading”
- “secur32.dll crash”
- “secur32.dll was not found”
- “The procedure entry point secur32.dll error”
Fixing the Secur32.dll is Missing Error
Getting the missing Secur32.dll error is caused by several reasons, and just like other DLL file errors, one of those is that may be the file was accidentally deleted by the user or the file itself is corrupt.
Solution 1 – Automatic Fix Using Restoro
Restoro is an all-in-one application that not only automatically restores and fixes missing or corrupt DLL files, it also protects your computer from online threats such as viruses and malware.
Using Restoro to fix DLL errors is such as the missing Secur32.dll error is definitely the best method to perform as it will save you time, stress and the hassle compared to doing it manually.
Solution 2 – Manually Downloading & Installing the Appropriate DLL File
The Secur32.dll can be downloaded and installed manually by downloading it from here:
Once you’re done downloading the file, you can simply put it in its appropriate folder. For 64-bit operating systems, the file should be put in “C:/Windows/System32” and for 32-bit operating systems, it should be put in “C:/Windows/SysWOW64”.
Solution 3 – Using System File Checker (SFC) to Fix the Secur32.dll is Missing Error
The Windows System File Checker is a tool that can scan and restore corrupt or missing system files. Follow these steps to perform the SFC:
- Hold down the “Windows” key and press “R” and type in “cmd”. Hold down the “ctrl+shift” keys and then press “enter” and press “yes” in the User Account Control window
- Type in “sfc /scannow” in the Command Prompt and press “enter”. Let the tool complete the scan and follow the prompts to complete the repair process
- Make sure to restart your computer once the scan and repair has been completed and open the application that was having the problem to confirm if it has been fixed
Solution 4 – Updating the System Drivers to Fix the Secur32.dll is Missing Error
If you encounter the missing Secur32.dll error during or after installing a driver, hardware component or a program, then it is best to remove or uninstall them and start off fresh. You may re-download and reinstall whatever it is that is having the error.
For system drivers, you may update the appropriate driver that is having the issue by following the below steps:
- Hold down the “Windows” key and press “R” and type “devmgmt.msc” in the run line command
2. Look for the driver that needs to be updated and click on the “Update Device Driver” button located on the upper part of the Window. In the next Window, it will ask you how you want to search for drivers, select “Search Automatically for Drivers” and let it complete. A restart on the machine may be necessary.
Solution 5 – Update Your Windows Operating System
Downloading and installing Windows Updates does not only keep your computer running at its optimal performance, but it also removes bugs, errors, increase the stability of the operating system and most importantly update its security.
- Press down the “Windows” key and press the letter “I” to bring up the Windows Settings window and select on “Update & Security”
- Click on the “Check for Updates” and let the download complete and install the updates without any interruptions
Solution 6 – Reinstalling Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
Since the Secur32.dll file is part of Visual C++, if it gets corrupted or deleted then reinstalling Visual C++ may fix the issue.
- Hold down the “Windows” key and press “R” and type “appwiz.cpl” in the run line command
- Look for “Microsoft Visual C ++” in the Uninstall or Change a Program Window and click on “Uninstall” to remove it from the computer
- Once uninstalled, restart the computer and download a fresh copy of Visual C++ from their official website by clicking here and install as usual
Solution 7 – Reinstalling the Program That is Displaying the Secur32.dll is Missing Error
If you happen to experience the missing Secur32.dll error when launching a certain application, then uninstalling and reinstalling that particular app may fix the problem. Follow these steps on how to uninstall a Windows Application:
- Hold down the “Windows” button on your keyboard and press the letter “R” and type in “appwiz.cpl” in the run command line
- Look for the application that is having the issue in the Uninstall or Change a Program Window and click on “Uninstall” to remove it from the computer
- Once the program has been removed, download the installer from its official website or a legitimate source and install it as usual
Our Final Thoughts
Performing the above steps may take a lot of time and patience especially if you are not savvy when it comes to fixing computer errors. To avoid all these hassles, we suggest using an automatic repair tool called Restoro.
Restoro is considered to be of the most trusted and reliable all-in-one application that not only protects your computer from online threats, but it also automatically repairs corrupted and missing DLL files in more than half of the time when doing it manually.