Easy Windows Update Error 0x8007371b Fix (Free Guide)
I received a "Windows Update Error 0x8007371B".
just a few days ago I've encountered a Windows Update Error "0x8007371B".
What does that mean and how can I fix this issue?
The infamous Windows Update Error 0x8007371B has been festering Windows OS users since Windows 7. Although Windows has already come a long way with Windows 10, the Windows Update Error 0x8007371B has not yet been fully fixed. Generally, the main cause of why this error appears is that when Windows launches an attempt to update and it does not find all the necessary files or data, it cannot completely finish all the required updates.
Causes of Windows Update Error 0x8007371B
If you encounter the Windows Update Error 0x8007371B then it means that there may be corrupt system configurations in the machine or there are wrong Windows registry entries. However, the most common culprit as to why this error happens is that the updates are faulty themselves. Ultimately, this has something to do with system files in the system.
These corrupt system files are caused by missing or corrupt files, improper software installation and/or installation and most importantly malware or virus infection in the computer. Online threats such as viruses and malware are able to make changes to system files in the infected computer without the user’s knowledge and approval.
Windows Update Error 0x8007371B may also display other error messages but generally have the same meaning and causes. It may show the following errors:
- “0x8007371B = ERROR_SXS_TRANSACTION_CLOSURE_INCOMPLETE.“
Fixing the Windows Update Error 0x8007371b Automatically
If you’re looking for a way to automatically fix system error messages such as Windows Update Error 0x8007371b, then you should definitely use Restoro. Considered to be the best when it comes to automatically fix system errors, Restoro offers an all-in-one approach when it comes to making sure your computer working perfectly as it not only fixes system and DLL errors, but also remove online threats.
- To start downloading Restoro, simply by clicking here and install the application per usual
- Once Restoro has been installed in your computer, perform a full system scan and let it complete
- After the full system scan, the repair process will then commence. However, before it starts it will create a restore point so that it can revert back to its previous settings in case there is a need to do so.
Once the restore process is complete, we suggest for you to restart your computer and check if the error has been fixed.
Try Fixing The 0x8007371b Windows Error Manually
1. Troubleshooting Windows Updates
- Hold down the “Windows” key on the keyboard and press the letter “R” to open the Run Command and type in “control update” to open the Windows Update Screen
- In the Troubleshoot window, click “Run the Troubleshooter” under Windows Update
- Let Windows complete the diagnoses of the issues and let it perform the fixes
2. Use the DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) Tool
- Hold down the Windows” key and press the letter “R” and type in “cmd” in the run command window. hold down the “ctrl+shift” key and press “enter” and press “Yes” to confirm
- In the Command Prompt, type in the following commands and make sure to press enter every after commands:
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Once all of the command has been entered in Command Prompt, make sure to restart the computer and check if the issue still persists.
3. Clear The Windows Cache
- Press down the “Windows” key and press the letter “R” and type in “services.msc” in the run command window
- In the Services window, right click on the “Windows Update” and click “Stop”
3. Once the above step is done, press down the “Windows” key and press the letter “R” and type in “%windir%\\SoftwareDistribution\\DataStore” in the run command window and click “OK“
- After deleting all the files in the DataStore, press down the “Windows” key and press the letter “R” and type in “services.msc” in the run command window. Once the Services window is open, right click on “Windows” update once again and click “Start“
- After completing all the above steps, restart your computer and run the Windows Update.
4. Uninstall Third-Party Anti-Virus Tools From Your Computer
- Hold down the “Windows” key and press the letter “R” to bring up the “Run” command line and type in “appwiz.cpl”
- Look for the third-party anti-virus tool in the Uninstall or Change a Program Window and click on “Uninstall” to remove it from the computer (photo below is just a sample of how to remove an application)
- After removing the third-party anti-virus tool, restart your computer and run the Windows update once again.
If you’re not technically inclined to perform manual troubleshooting, you can always turn to use an automatic system repair tool such as Restoro. With Restoro, you no longer have to spend a lot of time in manual troubleshooting as Restoro will do the job for you.
RESTORO — is a patented PC & MAC repair tool & the only program of its kind. Not only it’s a registry fix, PC optimizer, or an anti-virus/malware remover – The RESTORO technology reverses the damage done to Windows or Mac, eliminating the need for time-consuming reinstallations & costly technician bills.
It is available for FREE. Although, for some more advanced features & 100% effective fixes you may need to purchase a full license.
If your Windows Update Error 0x8007371B is still not solved — don’t hesitate and contact us via email, or a Facebook messenger (the blue ‘bubble’ on the bottom-right of your screen).