Winrnr.dll – How to Fix Winrnr.dll Error at Startup? (Quick Guide)
How can I fix winrnr.dll error when starting up Windows?
Hello. My Windows 10 PC was only with me for a few months. I started it up normally the other day and got a Winrnr.dll starting error. Is there anything that can be done to remedy this situation? I tried restarting my computer, but it didn't help, and I still get this message every time I turn it on. Please assist.
Windows is a complex operating system that comes with thousands of files installed by default. Each time you install something on your computer, you add to the number of files on your computer, which continues to expand. If you look around, you’ll see a lot of files with the DLL extension — it’s a highly common and extensively utilized extension by apps and Windows.
In recent years, consumers have been plagued by the Winrnr.dll issue, which appears as soon as the computer is turned on. The whole path of the file is usually supplied – here’s the complete message that people see:
program.exe is a file that contains a bad image.
C:WindowsSystem32winrnr.dll is either incompatible with Windows or includes an error. Attempt to reinstall the program using the original installation disk, or seek assistance from your system administrator or the product provider.
In several situations, individuals stated that they did not touch the file in question. However, something went wrong with the implementation of new applications, upgrades, and all of the other normal changes that occur during system operation.
What is a DLL and Why Do I Get The Winrnr.dll Error?
What exactly is a DLL file? In essence, it’s very similar to an EXE or executable file. It is used to implement code or to call up certain pieces when the system or application requires them. It, unlike its sibling, requires a host to run and cannot be loaded directly. Winrnr.dll, in particular, is a system process that adds to the LDAP process’s functionality.
The C:/Windows/System32/winrnr.dll error can be caused by a variety of issues. Newly installed software, for example, could have had an effect on this file, possibly corrupting it. We’ve listed a few options below to help you fix the problem, but keep in mind that only one of them may work for you.
For years, users have been experiencing problems with certain types of files. “Failed to load Steamui.dll,” “Winscomrssrv.dll issue,” “VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing,” and other errors have been discussed previously. Unfortunately, problems might arise as long as these files persist, even if nothing appears to have been updated or implemented.
We strongly propose using Restoro repair software to swiftly resolve DLL issues caused by system files. It can also help when other Windows issues arise, such as registry errors or Blue Screen of Death crashes. Similarly, the software may resolve issues that may emerge as a result of malware infestation, as well as clear the system and browsers of garbage, hence increasing overall PC performance.
Method to Fix Winrnr.dll Errors:
Method #1: Run SFC and DISM
System file corruption is one of the most common causes of DLL problems.
- In the Windows search box, type cmd.
- Select Run as administrator from the context menu when you right-click on Command Prompt.
- If User Account Control appears, select Yes.
- Press Enter after pasting the following command:
- sfc /scannow
- Wait till the scan is completed.
Simply restart the machine if Windows discovered and fixed faulty files, and observe whether the problem persists. If no problems were discovered or the scan returned an error, run the commands below, pressing Enter each time:
- dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth.
- dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.
Method #2: Create a new Windows user account
You can try creating a new user account on your system.
- Right-click on Start and pick Settings.
- Go to the Accounts section.
- Select Family & other users on the left.
- Under Other users, click Add someone else to this PC.
- Choose I don’t have this person’s sign-in information
- Add a user without a Microsoft account
- Enter the required information and click Next.
- Reboot your system once done and try using the new account.
Method #3: Check for software issues with Safe Boot
Clean boot disables all non-Windows processes and apps, allowing you to verify the health of your computer without having to worry about third-party software running in the background. If one of them is to blame for the problem, this procedure will assist in identifying the offender.
- In the Windows search box, type msconfig and hit Enter.
- Select the Services tab.
- Hide all Microsoft services is checked, and Disable all is selected.
- Open Task Manager by selecting the Startup tab and clicking the Open Task Manager button.
- Right-click each of the items in the Task Manager and select Disable, then close the Task Manager.
- Select Safe Boot from the Boot menu, then click Apply and OK.
Method #4: Register the DLL file via Command Prompt
- As previously stated, open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- The following command should be copied and pasted:
- winrnr.dll regsvr32.
Press enter and then reboot the computer.
Method #5: Use the System Restore Function (not recommended)
You might attempt restoring your system to its previous state before the issue occurred. This should help you if the problem started only a few days ago.
- In the Windows search bar, type rstrui.exe and hit Enter.
- Click Next in the next window.
- Make a check mark in the box labeled “More restore points” (if available)
- Choose a time when the problem did not exist and then click Next.
Method #6: Reset Windows
While keeping your files intact is an option, we recommend making a backup just in case. Before beginning, you should disconnect all of your computer’s devices, such as printers, cameras, USB sticks, and so on.
- Select Settings from the context menu when you right-click on Start.
- Select Recovery from Update & Security.
- Click Get Started in the Reset this PC section.
- Choose Keep my files
- Go to Cloud download.
Regardless of the severity of the DLL error you are experiencing in Windows, it is critical that you resolve it as quickly as possible. If minor errors go uncorrected, they can turn into major ones. To prevent having to check for errors especially at startup, use Restoro to keep your computer optimized and avoid Windows errors like the winrnr.dll error.
RESTORO — is a patented PC & MAC repair tool & the only program of its kind. Not only it’s a registry fix, PC optimizer, or an anti-virus/malware remover – The RESTORO technology reverses the damage done to Windows or Mac, eliminating the need for time-consuming reinstallations & costly technician bills.
It is available for FREE. Although, for some more advanced features & 100% effective fixes you may need to purchase a full license.
If the Windows Update Error 0xc1420121 is still not fixed — don’t hesitate and contact us via email, or a Facebook messenger (the blue ‘bubble’ on the bottom-right of your screen).