Fix Error Code 0x80070005-0x90002 on Windows (Quick Tutorial)
I'm getting an error "0x80070005-0x90002". What are the possible solutions for this issue?
my Windows is getting an error called "0x80070005-0x90002". I don't know what it means... How can I fix it ASAP?
The Error code 0x80070005 – 0x90002 occurs during the complete download of the entire setup for Windows 10. Also, this usually happens when you are upgrading to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. Among the many errors encountered in Windows, there are various reasons why this error occurs, but the most common reason is that the installer could not find the required files. Some of other causes are firewall interruption and issues in anti-malware software issues.
Because of this, many users could not install Windows 10 on their PCs successfully. On Windows, you will encounter the 0x80070005 if the installer isn’t able to access various DLLs across the system because of permission errors. Read through the methods on how to fix the issue, if you are one of the many users, who have complained about trying to install the Windows 10 operating system on the computer, but on each attempt, you just got Error: “Something Happened 0x80070005-0x90002”.
Easily fix the error automatically
Although, there are certain manual ways to fix the error you’re experiencing, but we always recommend first trying an automatic, hassle-free method. You can download and install iolo System Mechanic — it fixes 99% of Windows issues automatically.
However, if you want to try doing it by hand — follow the steps below.
Manually fix the issue by upgrading the system
Here, use Windows Update. Follow these steps to enable OS upgrade.
- Go to Start Menu (or type regedit in the search icon)
- Go to Windows Administrative Tools
- Open the Registry Editor
- Click on OSUpgrade to display contents
- Right-click on the empty space
- Go for the New
- Then, DWORD (32-bit) value
- Double-click AllowOSUpgrade value
- Change it to 1
- Click OK
- Restart your computer
Run the SFC Scan and DISM Commands
- Go to Start
- Open Command Prompt (make sure you have access as admin)
- Type the sfc /scannow command and press Enter
- Wait for the process as an automatic solution will take place
- Close the window and restart your computer
Next, follow these steps to run DISM:
- Open the Command Prompt
- Now, enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth command
- Wait for the DISM process
- Restart your computer
Opt for Troubleshoot to resolve the issue on Windows OS
- Open Start Menu, select Settings then Updates & Security
- Click Troubleshoot
- Choose the Windows Update
- Now, Run the Troubleshooter button
- Go through the instructions
- Hit the Restart button
- Go to Settings and find Updates & Security
- Locate Windows Update
- Click Update history
- Select Uninstall updates
- Then, Uninstall
- After uninstalling, restart your computer
Alternatives that can help in fixing the issue
With the updates on Windows, it is no surprise that users find some Windows 10 installation problems, should you find yourself trapped in the occurring issues, there are solutions that you can do on your own. In this article, we provide easy-to-follow steps to fix the Error Code 0x80070005 – 0x90002.
Trying a few steps to fix the installation error can be time-consuming but if you want the easiest way to fix the issue, install software that helps in repairing compatibility issues like iolo System Mechanic.