How to Fix Backup Failed With Error 0x81000036? (Free Guide)
How to fix Backup failed with error 0x81000036?
Hello. While the backup should be taking place, I get an error. For me, backup failed with error 0x81000036. In Windows 10, click on the Start button. I have the most recent information. Everything appears to be in working order. Because I work on a variety of projects on a regular basis, having these backups is critical for me. Help!
When the operating system cannot locate the backup device on the computer, backup failure or the 0x81000036 error can occur. In most circumstances, this problem arises when attempting to build a system image backup. According to customer complaints on the internet, the failure also occurs with ordinary backup attempts.
When the Windows Backup, Hyper-V, and Windows Sandbox services collide, problems occur. This is frequently the primary cause of the error. Other causes include wrong system settings or broken, messed-up, or inconsistent Windows Registry entries.
If you receive the backup failed error number 0x81000036, you can resolve the problem by reviewing all of the specific setups and settings, as well as resolving compatibility and file damage issues. Those changed files can pose a serious threat to the system and cause big problems. Cyber assaults frequently leave behind remnants and modify registry entries and files in system directories.
Other possible causes of unsuccessful backups include software installation or removal, as well as data that causes system failure. Such issues can be resolved using specific apps designed to repair files and settings. Fixing the data issue and repairing the impacted files with Mac Washing Machine X9, for example, can resolve the backup failed error 0x81000036 issue.
Other choices exist as well, so stick to the instructions. However, a comprehensive system scan is a good first step because changed or damaged files can cause problems with a variety of operations and interfere with the computer’s solutions and overall performance. It is critical to resolving this issue because data backups can be extremely useful and necessary in a variety of situations, such as infection recovery.
Automatically Fix the 0x81000036 Error
If you’re struggling with computers or just fed up with the 0x81000036 backup failed error – we recommend downloading and running iolo System Mechanic.
It should automatically fix the error and also optimize your whole PC and protect it from any future viruses and threats.
However, if you want to try to fix it on your own and if you feel like a total IT tech-star — follow our guide below with our provided methods.
Manual Methods to Fix the Backup Failed Error 0x81000036
Method #1: Disable Windows Sandbox
- Start up the Control Panel.
- Navigate to Programs.
- Then select Programs and Features from the drop-down menu.
- Alternatively, use Win + R to open the Run box and type appwiz.cpl into it.
- If you can’t find this option on your machine, look for Programs and Features.
- Select Turn Windows features on or off option.
- De–select the checkbox in the Panel Features window.
- Click Yes in the User Account Prompt (UAC) to proceed.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Method #2: Disable Hyper-V
- Launch Control Panel and go to Programs.
- Programs and Features again.
- Select Turn Windows features on and off.
- Click checkbox for the Hyper-V feature and deselect it.
- Click OK to save the settings.
- Reboot your computer.
Method #3: Run the System File Check
- Choose the Admin Command Prompt by searching for CMD in the bottom bar.
- Execute the following commands: chkdsk /r and sfc /scannow
- After each one, press enter and wait for the procedure to complete.
- After you’ve completed all of the checks, restart the computer.
Method #4: Enable the File History Service
- Go to search and type service.msc.
- Then, to open it, click Services.
- Find File History Service is a service that allows you to look up the history of
- Go to Properties by double–clicking on the service.
- Select Startup Style then Automatic.
Last Word of Advice
Going through troubleshooting a computer problem might sound like a pain, that is why we hope that our guide made it feel like an easy task for you to do and by the end of it, you were able to fix the backup error failed in your system.
However, if you want to avoid going through the hassle and pressure of doing it yourself, then you can go ahead and download iolo System Mechanic. It will automatically repair all your files, all missing system files and much more.
iolo System Mechanic® — is a patented PC & MAC repair tool & the only program of its kind. Not only it’s a registry fix, PC optimizer, or an anti-virus/malware remover – The iolo System Mechanic® technology reverses the damage done to Windows or Mac, eliminating the need for time-consuming reinstallations & costly technician bills.
It is available for FREE. Although, for some more advanced features & 100% effective fixes you may need to purchase a full license.
If the backup failed error 0x81000036 is still not fixed — don’t hesitate and contact us via email, or a Facebook messenger (the blue ‘bubble’ on the bottom-right of your screen).