How to Fix Windows Activation Error 0XC004F009?
How can I fix Windows activation error 0XC004F009?
Hello. After a few months with my Windows laptop, I am seeing the activation error 0XC004F009. Also, the update services have quit, causing issues. How to fix this?
Microsoft Windows is one of the world’s most popular operating systems. It is not without flaws, despite its user-friendly interface, built-in troubleshooters, and customization capabilities. It’s a complex system that relies on thousands of operations to keep everything going properly. Bugs, crashes, malfunctions, and other issues can occur, which is never a pleasant experience.
Windows activation error 0XC004F009, often known as the Grace Period error, has been reported by some users. The grace period applies to all users who have installed a copy of the Windows operating system. They have complete access to Windows and all of its functions. If you get the Grace Period Expired error, though, you can end up with a system that doesn’t work properly.
What is Windows Activation Error 0XC004F009?
A grace period begins when a copy of Windows is installed on a computer. It indicates that Windows can be used without any limitations on its features. If you get the error code 0xC004F009, it signifies your grace period has run out. The full error message will appear as follows:
Error Code 0xC004F009, The Software Licensing Service reported that the grace period expired.
This error number 0xC004F009 is associated with MAK enabled computers in an enterprise when it comes to Volume Licensing. One of the reasons is that, despite being connected to the Enterprise, the computer was not turned on. The second explanation is if the system was never linked to the enterprise and the grace period ran out before it was activated. Following that, Windows operates in Reduced Functionality Mode (RFM).
8 Methods to Manually Fix the Activation Error 0XC004F009 :
Method 1: Use the Windows Activation Troubleshooter
- Open the Settings application.
- Click Activation under Updates and Security.
- If the issue persists, the Troubleshoot button should appear.
Method 2: Repair Corrupted System Files
To fix system file corruption, use the following Command Prompt commands:
- As an administrator, open Command Prompt.
- Press Enter after entering the following command:
- sfc /scannow sfc /scannow sfc /s
- Reboot the system and then enter:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 3: Install All Available Windows Updates
- In the Windows search box, type Updates and hit Enter.
- Click Check for updates in the new window.
- Install everything along with optional updates.
- Then Reboot.
Method 4: Use Phone Activation
- Press the Windows + R keys together to bring up the Run prompt.
- Go and click Enter after typing ms-settings:activation.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run box again and type SLUI 4.
- Select Phone Activation.
Method 5: Increase the Grace Period
If you bought your MAK key from a shop but did not activate it right away, you can see this problem. The amount of times you may utilize MAK keys is restricted because they are not reusable. Because the activation term can be reset four times, you may need to obtain a new license key if you have previously used the key four times. To activate the license key, try to prolong the grace period:
- To open the Run box, press the Windows + R keys together.
- Ctrl + Shift + Enter after typing regedit
- When the UAC prompts you
- Choose Yes.
- In the Registry Editor:
- Double-click mediabootinstall to launch it.
- Set the base value to Hexadecimal and then adjust the value to 0 while still in the Edit menu.
- To save your changes, click OK.
- Start your computer again.
- Go to Run and press Windows + R.
- Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- When the UAC prompts you, press the Yes button.
- Hit Enter after typing the slmgr -rearm command.
- Then Restart.
Method 6: Use the Command Prompt to Activate Windows
- Make a mental note of your MAK key.
- In the search field, press the Windows key and type cmd.
- Open Command Prompt as administrator.
- Type: vbs -ipk <your MAK key>
- Click Enter.
Method 7: Use a Default Product Key
- To open the Windows Settings, press Windows + I.
- Select Update & Security from the drop-down menu, then select the Activation tab.
- Select Change product key from the Update Product Key section.
Method 8: Contact Microsoft Support
If none of the techniques above have helped you resolve the Windows activation error 0XC004F009, you may be dealing with a major restriction or activation server issue.
Regardless of the severity of the error you are experiencing in Windows, it is critical that you resolve it as quickly as possible. If minor errors go uncorrected, they can turn into major ones. To prevent having to check for errors especially at startup, use Restoro to keep your computer optimized and avoid Windows errors like the Windows activation error 0XC004F009.
RESTORO — is a patented PC & MAC repair tool & the only program of its kind. Not only it’s a registry fix, PC optimizer, or an anti-virus/malware remover – The RESTORO technology reverses the damage done to Windows or Mac, eliminating the need for time-consuming reinstallations & costly technician bills.
It is available for FREE. Although, for some more advanced features & 100% effective fixes you may need to purchase a full license.
If the Windows activation error 0XC004F009 is still not fixed — don’t hesitate and contact us via email, or a Facebook messenger (the blue ‘bubble’ on the bottom-right of your screen).