SearchHDConverter Browser Hijacker Removal Instructions (Free Guide)
My homepage has been changed to SearchHDConverter, I want Google back!
Hi! I just noticed that Google.com was replaced by SearchHDConverter. I don't remember doing these changes.
Please help me fix it.
SearchHDConverter is a typical browser hijacker that most people unintentionally install due to deceptive distribution methods. People may unknowingly install potentially unwanted programs because they are unaware of their true purpose. When it comes to browser hijackers, their utility is at best debatable.
When SearchHDConverter is installed, it immediately changes the homepage URL and adds a new tab function, replacing the original provider with feed.searchhdconverter.com. It also employs a tailored search that purports to improve the web browsing experience, despite this being far from the case.
In reality, while the hijacker is installed, all searches will be redirected through a different provider than the normal one, such as Google. The user’s location usually determines the provider. This alone can jeopardize the web browsing experience, as switching to a different search engine can be inconvenient and frustrating for many people.
However, the hijacker’s major problem is that it places sponsored links and adverts at the top of search results, where consumers are more likely to click. This ensures that the advertised material is seen by more people, resulting in increased revenue for all parties involved. These links may be misleading in some situations, resulting in the installation of additional potentially undesirable programs or even malware, as well as privacy concerns or financial losses.
Here’s a Short Information Summary of SearchHDConverter:
|THREAT TYPE||Adware, Browser Hijacker, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|AFFECTED BROWSER SETTINGS||Homepage, New Tab Homepage and Default Search Engine|
|DISTRIBUTION METHOD||Bundled software distribution, malicious websites, pop-ups, banner ad and fake Windows update prompts|
|SYMPTOMS||Intrusive pop-up ads, advertisement banners, desktop notifications from the website even when the browser is closed, suspicious browser extensions are installed without permission, browser settings are changed such as the home page and search engine without permission|
|REMOVAL||Scan the whole system with Restoro all-in-one anti-virus tool or other virus removal tool or manually remove website permissions through the settings in the browser. You can also manually uninstall PUP’s.|
Even though SearchHDConverter is a minor concern compared to other threats that can cause computers to be unusable and steal personal and financial information, it is still something that should be dealt with immediately. If not treated, SearchHDConverter is simply the beginning of a series of more severe problems.
SearchHDConverter Distribution & Infection Methods
It’s simple to avoid becoming infected with internet threats if you know how and where they are spread. Prevent these internet browsing habits to avoid becoming a victim of a malware infection such as SearchHDConverter.
- Software Bundling: When multiple applications are bundled together in a single installer package, it is called software bundling. Even genuine programs employ this method, so read the installation terms and conditions and opt-out of everything that notifies you if you consent to install an additional program.
- Avoid Clicking on Fake Ads and Notifications: This is likely the most common way people become victims of online dangers like SearchHDConverter. If you recall using the internet during its first years, you might still remember seeing browsers that were clogged with hundreds of addons and PCs that were extremely slow.
This is because most individuals were not aware of the implications of clicking on fraudulent adverts and notifications in the past. Fast forward to the present decade, and hackers are still using this distribution method, though it has developed. You can prevent seeing and clicking on such phoney advertising and notifications if you stay vigilant and avoid visiting questionable websites.
- Installing Pirated Programs and Applications: Another approach for hackers to enter a victim’s computer by posing as a legitimate application. They would make their program look identical to the original, using the same color theme, fonts, and logos, making it difficult to distinguish between the two. As a result, you should refrain from obtaining and installing pirated software from dangerous websites.
Below are photos of how a software bundling may look like:
Steps to Uninstall the SearchHDConverter Malware
Uninstall and Remove SearchHDConverter Malware From Windows
- Press down the “Windows” key and press the letter “R” on the keyboard to bring up the “Run” window and type in “appwiz.cpl”.
- In the “Uninstall or Change a Program” screen, look for all the items that are listed and installed without your permission and simply click on “Uninstall” to permanently remove them from the computer and follow the prompts.
Removing the SearchHDConverter From Windows Shortcuts
- Right-click on your browser icon and then — left-click on its properties.
- In the properties, click the “Shortcut” tab and delete the line (it might be SearchHDConverter or any other malicious webpage) after the “.exe”. and click “Apply” and “Ok”.
You can perform the same steps for any other browser icon/shortcuts like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Edge, etc. Just take note that the shortcuts for the browsers may not be on the desktop.
Uninstalling SearchHDConverter From MAC Operating System
- On the menu bar, click “Go” and select “Applications”.
- In the “Applications” window, look for all files that relate to SearchHDConverter Toolbar and drag the icon to the trash.
In order for Mac OS users to remove the SearchHDConverter Toolbar, go to the following folders and delete all entries that relate to the SearchHDConverterToolbar: Application Support, LaunchAgents and LaunchDaemons.
Manual Steps to Disable SearchHDConverter Malware Notifications From Popular Browsers
- Removal steps for Google Chrome (Windows);
- Removal steps for Mozilla Firefox;
- Removal steps for Internet Explorer;
- Removal steps for MS Edge;
- Removal steps for Google Chrome (Android);
- Removal steps for Safari (MAC).
SearchHDConverter Notification Disable For Google Chrome (Windows)
- Click on the three dots to access the menu button on the upper right corner of Chrome and click “Settings”.
- Click on “Privacy and Security”, click “Site Settings” and then click “Notifications”.
- Click the three dots located on the right side of the intrusive website and select “Remove” or “Block”.
SearchHDConverter Notification Disable For Mozilla Firefox
- Click the menu or three bars located on the upper right corner of Firefox and click “Options”.
- In the Options window, select “Privacy & Security”.
- Click on the “Permission” section by scrolling down to the bottom part of the page and click “Settings” next to “Notifications”.
- In the notifications settings, click on the suspicious website and click the drop-down option and select “Block” and “Save Changes”.
Disable SearchHDConverter Notifications For Internet Explorer
- Click the Gear on the upper right corner of Internet Explorer and click “Internet Options”.
- In Internet Options, click “Privacy” and click “Settings”.
- Click on all the suspicious websites that are listed and remove them by clicking “Remove”.
SearchHDConverter Notification Disable For Microsoft Edge
- Click the three dots on the upper right corner of MS Edge and click “Settings”.
- Click “Advanced” and click on “Manage Permissions”.
3. Click on the “X” button right next to the suspicious website to remove it.
SearchHDConverter Notification Disable For Google Chrome (on Android)
- Tap the three dots to access the menu and tap “Settings”.
- Tap “Notifications” in the settings menu.
- Look for suspicious websites and tap on the radio buttons right next to them. Please note that the “blue” button means it’s enabled and “grey” means it’s disabled.
SearchHDConverter Notification Disable For Safari (Mac)
- Click the “Safari” icon on and click “Preferences”
- Click on the “Websites” tab and select “Notifications”
- On the right side of the suspicious website, click on the “Arrow” and click “Deny”.
Manual Steps To Completely Delete and Uninstall SearchHDConverter Malware Extensions From Popular Browsers
- Remove it from Google Chrome;
- Remove it from Mozilla Firefox;
- Uninstall it from Safari;
- Uninstall it from Edge;
- Remove it from Internet Explorer.
Removing SearchHDConverter Extension from Google Chrome
- Click the Three Dots on the upper right corner of Chrome to access the “menu” and click “More Tools” and “Extensions”.
- Look for all unknown extensions and remove them by click “Remove”.
Optional Method: Resetting Chrome to Default Settings
- Open the Chrome menu and click on “Settings” and click “Advanced”.
- Click the “Restore Settings to Their Original Defaults” and click “Reset Settings” to confirm in the Advanced Options in Chrome.
Removing SearchHDConverter Extension From Mozilla Firefox
- Click the Three Bars located on the upper right corner of Firefox and click “Add-ons”.
- Click on “Extensions” on the next window and look for all suspicious add-ons and click the 3 dots right next to it and click “Remove”.
Optional Method: Resetting Firefox to Default Settings
- Open the menu in Firefox and click “Help” and then click on “Troubleshooting Information”.
- In the Troubleshooting Information screen, click on “Refresh Firefox” and click “Refresh Firefox” to confirm.
Eliminating SearchHDConverter Extension from Safari (Mac)
- Click the “Safari” button located on the upper left corner and click on “Preferences”.
- In the preferences window, click “Extensions” and uninstall all suspicious extensions.
Optional Method: Resetting Safari to Default Settings
- Click the “Safari” button and click “Clear History and Website Data”. Select “All History” and click “Clear History” to confirm.
Deleting SearchHDConverter Extension From Microsoft Edge
- Open the menu by clicking the three dots on the upper right corner of MS Edge and click “Extension”.
- In the next window, uninstall all suspicious extensions by clicking on it and clicking on “Uninstall”. Click “OK” to confirm.
Optional Method: Resetting Microsoft Edge to Default Settings
- Open the menu by clicking the three dots in MS Edge and click “Settings”.
- Click “Reset Settings” then click “Restore Settings to Their Default Values” and then click “Reset”.
Uninstalling SearchHDConverter Extension from Internet Explorer
- Click the gear button on the upper right side of the browser and click on “Manage Add-ons”.
- Click the “Toolbars and Extensions” and click on all the add-ons that do not look familiar to you and click “Disable”.
Resetting Internet Explorer to Default Settings
The steps on resetting the settings in Internet Explorer on all versions of the Windows Operating System are similar. Below are the steps:
- Open the Internet Explorer menu by clicking the gear icon on Internet Explorer and click on “Internet Options”
- In the Internet Options window, click the “Advanced” tab and click on “Reset” to confirm.
If you want to avoid the hassle of performing any troubleshooting steps to remove any only threats from your computer, then install Restoro. It will not only automatically remove online threats such as SearchHDConverter but it will also automatically update your computer’s drivers for you and optimize the overall performance.
RESTORO — is a patented PC & MAC repair tool & the only program of its kind. Not only it’s a registry fix, PC optimizer, or an anti-virus/malware remover – The RESTORO technology reverses the damage done to Windows or Mac, eliminating the need for time-consuming reinstallations & costly technician bills.
It is available for FREE. Although, for some more advanced features & 100% effective fixes you may need to purchase a full license.
If the SearchHDConverter Malware is still not removed — don’t hesitate and contact us via email, or a Facebook messenger (the blue ‘bubble’ on the bottom-right of your screen).