How to Fix Nvidia GeForce Now Error 0x000001FA? (Free Guide)
I get a Nvidia GeForce Now error 0x000001FA, how can i fix it?
Hello, I attempted to launch Fortnite today but received the problem message "This game is temporarily unavailable on GeForce Now Error Code 0x000001FA)." I was able to play without issue yesterday, but now every time I try, I receive this obnoxious notice. Please assist me in resolving this issue, as I am unable to play the game.
GeForce Now, like Stadia and Xbox Pass Ultimate, is a cloud gaming service. With gaming equipment becoming increasingly expensive in the aftermath of the global pandemic, online businesses that allow users to “borrow” powerful hardware through the cloud are gaining popularity. Even the oldest laptop can play the latest video games without glitches thanks to technological advancements.
Cloud gaming, like any other technology, isn’t perfect, and users may have troubles when utilizing it, one of which is the Nvidia GeForce Now error number 0x000001FA. Players have reported that titles including Fortnite, Call of Duty Black Ops 2, and Rust are not launching. Many people also claimed that they were experiencing latency, keyboard disconnects, and other issues before the error appeared.
What is the Nvidia GeForce Now?
Because GeForce Now is a monthly paid subscription service, the error can be quite aggravating for users. Users believe they are being stolen of time, and as a result, they are unable to fully enjoy their games. Fortunately, there are a few options for permanently resolving the 0x000001FA problem and restoring game access.
Let’s start with the reality that the error notice in some circumstances signifies exactly what it says: the game is now unavailable. Technical troubles on the part of the service might always be one of the reasons why such service is interrupted, and there is nothing the users can do about it.
However, there are many cases where the client is unable to connect to a distant server for various reasons, such as corrupted files or compromised DNS caches. If the latter is the cause of the error, we strongly advise you to run a scan with Restoro, which can automatically repair damaged system components, resulting in a simple error 0x000001FA cure.
Also using a VPN can also help fix this error. We recommend NordVPN for this matter.
Click here to get the best offer for the most popular VPN (NordVPN) in the market!
Fixing the GeForce Now Error 0x000001FA Manually
Method #1: Check For the Service Status
When debugging an error, the first step is to make sure the issue isn’t caused by the service provider. If that’s the case, nothing but GeForce Now will be able to help you fix the problem.
There are numerous dedicated websites that provide factual information about a variety of services, including games. DownDetector, for example, is one of the most popular. So, if you’re experiencing trouble starting the game because of the 0x000001FA error, go to this or another diagnostic site for help.
Method #2: Reset Your Internet Connection
- The error can be caused by lost packets or other interruptions in the internet connection.
- Using elevated Command Prompt, you can easily reset it:
- In the Windows search box, type cmd.
Run as administrator by right-clicking the Command Prompt result.
Copy and paste the following commands into this box, pressing Enter after each one:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /registerdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh winsock reset
- Restart your computer.
Method #3: Try a Different DNS Provider
If the problem is caused by faulty DNS settings, you should attempt a different method.
- Select Settings from the context menu when you right-click on Start.
- Go to the section Network and Internet.
- Select Change adapter choices from the drop-down menu.
- Select Properties from the drop-down menu when you right-click on your internet connection.
- Go to Properties after clicking Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) once.
- Set your DNS to Google’s by selecting the option Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Preferred DNS server: 184.108.40.206.
- Alternate DNS server: 220.127.116.11.
- Then, click OK.
Method #4: Disable or Use a VPN
If you’re having trouble using GeForce Now because you have a third-party VPN installed, try disconnecting it and seeing if that helps.
- If you don’t have a VPN client and are having trouble, install NordVPN or another reliable VPN.
- Play the game using it. Even if it doesn’t help you address the problem, it can often speed up your connection to specific servers.
Method #5: Reset Your Router
- Turn off your computer completely.
- Hold the Power button on your actual router or modem until it shuts off.
- Remove the device from the power outlet.
- Wait a minute before plugging it back in and launching it.
- Be aware that certain gadgets may take several minutes to load, so be patient.
Other Methods To Consider Trying
There are a number of additional problems that could be causing the error. While the strategies listed below may appear to be self-evident, the solution is occasionally right in front of you.
- Start your computer again.
- Check your time settings to make sure they’re correct.
- Third-party anti-malware software should be disabled or uninstalled.
- Install all of the Windows updates that are available.
Errors Automatically Repaired
The Best PC Tips team is doing all possible to assist people in locating the finest solutions for resolving their difficulties. Please utilize the automatic program if you do not want to battle with manual repair approaches. Our pros have tried and approved all of the goods we recommend. The following are some tools that you can use to fix your Nvidia GeForce Now error number 0x000001FA:
RESTORO — is a patented PC & MAC repair tool & the only program of its kind. Not only it’s a registry fix, PC optimizer, or an anti-virus/malware remover – The RESTORO technology reverses the damage done to Windows or Mac, eliminating the need for time-consuming reinstallations & costly technician bills.
It is available for FREE. Although, for some more advanced features & 100% effective fixes you may need to purchase a full license.
If the Nvidia GeForce Now error 0x000001FA is still not fixed — don’t hesitate and contact us via email, or a Facebook messenger (the blue ‘bubble’ on the bottom-right of your screen).